Friday, July 9, 2010

From The Kitchen: Salmon with Peach and Mango Salsa


I love salmon. It is rich in taste (you don't have to heavily marinate it), fatty (unlike other lean fish) and just plain good. The only downside is that it is freaking expensive :(

The perfect compliment for fish is something tangy and sour to fight the 'fishiness'. I find the perfect dressing - mango salsa - which I modified a bit by adding some cili padi for hotness (of course la kan, lidah melayu beb....) and just for some fun, I threw in some peach.

This meal is so easy and quick to make, but looks very, very good that it fits to be a gourmet cuisine.

So here it is ladies and gentleman, my recipe for Salmon with Mango and Peach Salsa.

For the salmon:
Marinate the salmon with some honey, salt, pepper and oregano. I kept it in the refrigerator for twenty minutes only, because I was soooooo hungry. Some recipe called for two hours to overnight marinate. Your call. You can grilled it, but I don't have a griller, so off into the pan it goes. Just put in a little bit of olive oil (or rub the oil on the fish) so that it won't stick to the pan.

For the mango and peach salsa:
Diced some mango, peach and big onion. Mix them in a bowl. Add in some cilantro leaves, the juice of the mango (squeezed out from the flesh), lemon juice and cili padi.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment